Don't miss out on some amazing deals and fun holiday shopping! (All without the crowds and long lines.) Click below to shop now!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Its always fun to get together with other demonstrators and swap cards. You not only get great ideas but its a fun time to socialize and meet new friends. We were asked to bring a shoebox swap where you bring all the prepared materials to make your sample card and put it in a box the size of a shoebox. Because there were going to be 20 of us, I decided to keep it simple. Here is what I made with a little help from MOJO Monday.
1. Cut Kraft card stock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and fold in half to 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”.
2. Cut Crushed Curry DSP to 3” x 4” and center to the top of the card (about 1/2” from the top).
3. Cut Choc. Chip Patterns Designer Paper to 1-1/4” x 4-1/4” and layer onto the card, overlapping the Crushed Curry DSP a little and leaving about a 1/4” of Kraft paper to the left side.
4. Punch the 2”x 2-3/4” Kraft paper with the Modern Label Punch.
5. Stamp the bird cage stamp onto the 2-3/4” Very Vanilla Circle, layer onto the Chocolate Chip Scallop Circle, and adhere to bottom right corner of the card.
6. Ink the “hello” stamp with chocolate chip and stamp onto the 2” x 2-3/4” Very Vanilla CS. Punch out with the Modern Label punch with the verse aligned to the left hand side. Then, punch again with the word window punch to trim.
7. Layer the punched very vanilla card stock onto the punched kraft card stock. Adhere the verse behind the scallop circle to the card.
8. Tie the ribbon into a bow and adhere to card with glue dots.
Stamp: Chic Boutique
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad; Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Dusty Durango, and Creamy Caramel Stampin’ Markers.
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla card stock; Chocolate Chip and Crushed Curry Patterns Designer Paper.Accessories: 5/8” Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot, Scallop #2 Bigz Die, Circle Scissors Plus, Modern Label & Word Window Punches