Splitcoaststampers post daily challenges. Monday is techniques & scrapbook inspiration. Tuesdays is color challenges. Wednesdays is sketch challenge. (And so on and so on.) The color challenge I chose to do was to create a card using Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, and Kiwi Kiss (colors from Stampin' Up). I love Kiwi Kiss and it seems to be a favorite of a lot of others too! I also combined this color combination with MOJO 82 sketch challenge. Pink Passion is definitely a bright pink. It gives the card that pop!
To make this card, you'll need:
Great Friend Stamp Set (113792)
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad
8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Chocolate Chip Cardstock
3 7/8" x 5 1/4" Pink Passion Cardstock
3 1/2" x 5" Kiwi Kiss Cardstock
TWO 2" x 2" squares of Chocolate Chip Cardstock
1 7/8" x 1 7/8" square of Whisper White Cardstock
1 7/8" x 1 7/8" square of Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
2 1/2" x 2 1/2" square of Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
3" x 3" square of Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
4 1/2" of Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Pink Passion Stampin' Up Marker
Pretties Kit (3 white half pearls)
Scallop Edge Punch
Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die
Texturz Plates (Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1)
1. Score the 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Chocolate Chip card at 4 1/4" and fold at the score line. You should have the base of your card at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
2. Place the Kiwi Kiss Cardstock onto the Texturz Plates and run through the Big Shot Machine. (I used the large polka dots but you can certainly use what ever you'd like.)
3. Punch the bottom edge of the Kiwi Kiss Cardstock with the Scallop Edge Punch.
4. Next, wrap the Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon around the cardstock near the scalloped edge with the edges on the back side of the cardstock.
5. Trim the bottom of the Pink Passion Cardstock with the scallop edge punch and layer the Kiwi Kiss onto it.
6. Layer onto one of the 2" Chocolate Chip square pieces with a 1 7/8" square of the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper. Adhere finished product to the top center of the card with a corner facing the top.
7. Ink the sentiment with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and stamp onto the 1 7/8" Whisper White Square and using the Pink Passion Marker, place stitches on the perimeter of the square.
8. Layer onto the remaining 2" Chocolate Chip square with the 1 7/8" Whisper White cardstock and layer the finished product onto the card overlapping the Chocolate Chip square with the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper.
9. Fold the 3" Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper in half and place onto the medium sized butterfly die and place the 2" square onto the small butterfly. Run through the Big Shot Machine.
10. Place the larger butterfly onto the left hand side of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
11. Place adhesive to the center "body" of the small butterfly and adhere to the large butterfly. Fold the wings upward to give it more dimension.
12. Using the Pretties Kit, place three half pearls onto the center of the butterfly with glue dots.
(TIP: If you don't have the Big Shot, you can use the Kiwi Kiss cardstock as is without the texturz plates and you can use the butterfly stamp from the Great Friend Set and cut by hand instead of using the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die.)